Sunday, July 01, 2018

[ Project's production programmed was not followed. ]

The mill had to produce polyester and viscose blended yarn and polyester silk yarn. That was the production that the mill had to produce.I made polyester cotton as Chairman had procured cotton bales from somewhere but was not knowing how to buy polyester fiber. I purchased Polyester Fiber Required  from a Agent I knew and started making Polyester Cotton Blended Yarn. The Chairman had cultivated all around the mills mulberry leaves and one person who had experience in silk worm rarering had set up his department outside the mill in a service area and there was one Silk Reeling Machine which was also Installed but it was not worked since there was no arrangement for hot water to be fed to Reeling machines to reel the silks.

A Hot water boiler was purchased and machine was connected to hot water boiler.The Reeling of Silk Cocoons was started and the efficiency of the Reelers was just 30%.

All the Silk cocoons were reeled and around 52 KG of Mulberry Silk was produced.There was no machinery in the mills to make Polyester Silk.

One fine day somebody stole the entire Mulberry leaves from the farm land itself and that was the end to Silk Cocoon Production and Silk.

I knew all the time that I was running a unit which had made the creator to think of making money rather than making his unit run better for which he had struggled hard but he was now greedy for money a large part of working capitol was also channeled in to some projects not worth investing and those units were almost getting close to shut down.

Most of the Directors were farmers who had given their lands to the mills and were now wishing they made a mistake. So no one was interested in SILK.

I took the silk yarn to a Silk Merchant and made Saris and gave it to Chairman and told the Silk Merchant to keep as many Saris as was required for his conversion charges and return the waste to mills or send money to mills after selling waste.I also asked him to give actual waste in processing. He replied the Silk itself was a waste and that he did the conversion to help us produce better quality of silk yarn. I told him when I met him that He produced 45 Saris weighing each an avg weight of 600 grams weight of each Silk Saris which was 600*45 that is 27 kg out of 52 Kg which shows nearly 50% waste if it so to send 24.5 Kg of Silk waste to mills I wrote. He never replied and I could not get any reply for my letters again.If I had continued producing Silk perhaps it would been a good idea but no one was interested and growing Mulberry was not my profession though.

Next problem was there was no money to buy cotton as no one was prepared to give us credit.

I had to change my product mix and think of some merchant who could give me credit.

I knew a merchant who was an agent of Reliance Polyester Fiber.He sent 2 lorry loads and I was able to send him part payments and paid after I sold the Yarn.I talked to him and told him to trust me. It worked as he trusted me.

I managed everything but the chairman did not trust me. He did not Pay my salary for 2 months. I stayed in a Hotel and as my stay was paid by Mills this was also not paid.The hotel owner was looking at me in a different way. I paid my Hotel Bills from my Credit Card, the hotel owner told me that my chairman owned money to many people in town.

I contacted few mill owners and told my friends. My Story.

No comments: