Tuesday, July 10, 2018

[ Contractor running the Mill was watching my work.]

While I was planning and working to improve quality of Yarn which was why I was called, the contractor was also watching and he was given feed back on my work by the Supervisor and his yarn quality consultant both qualified and well experienced.

I had attended the meeting of directors and chairman and had told them that I would run the mill and co operate with the yarn contractor and see he buy's our product immediately,effective with in a few days with a new product,with out any complaint

When new yarn production was dispatched the contractor had no major complaint but he had a different issue and it was financial and serious. I came to know that financial mess and told the chairman that I would bring another yarn contractor who would take the yarn and supply raw material and also help the mills if any need comes with his terms and conditions.The chairman told me to call that person.It was informed to the directors who were happy that the present contractor would go.The news got leaked to the present contractor who stopped supply of raw material and any payments but wanted the mill to keep supplying yarn with our raw material.There was no money ( the contractor knew our condition ) to buy raw material or make any payment to-words wages and power bill to keep the mill working.The raw material was exhausting fast and productive machines were getting stripped of raw material and productive machines were getting idle. The new yarn contractor was expected to come and chairman asked me what should be done.I told the chairman that the contractor is on the way and he will come in 2 days since there is no air travel to our place he is coming by train.Even if he comes it would take 10 days maximum to start a new contract by the new contractor.

One of the director wanted to know who will pay the wages, salary and power bill since after stopping the present contractor the month will be over and payments will be due to be paid.The question was to me, so I said we take it from the New Contractor as he will know this situation.What if he the New contractor will not take the contract I said that will be a problem and so I plan to meet the present contractor and ask him to continue the contract and make any fresh demand. Another director asked what if his demands are not acceptable.I said what if, if I accept after all it will be my job to meet his demand and allow me to first meet the present contractor and let me meet him and then we can discuss.So, I went to meet the contractor and he was indeed wanting to meet me when I asked him if I can go over and meet him the next day.The chairman told me not to meet him.Here was the big problem and I had to meet the present contractor as he had asked me to meet him.I kept quite while they were discussing the banks help if they could get and they seemed to be something was wrong and I did something kept quite. I knew lunch was coming and after lunch there would be missing me.

I came to my room told the contractor over phone that I will be coming at my own cost personally he said he would pay the Taxi and I must come.

No comments: