Wednesday, July 25, 2018

[ Greed and arrogance destroys a man.]

I thought of staying in the hotel and see what happens when my contractor comes besides I could not go with out telling him how grateful I am for his help in running the mill. I had my breakfast Masala Puffed Rice with Tea and was relaxing in the hotel reception area when the hotel owner came. He was a rich man even by his looks and I wished he was my Chairman ( of course my chairman was not by his looks or by his talk or his face he wished to talk only in local languages ) I thought I must inform him of the mills activities as he was also well known locally. We both shook hands, said good morning to each other and I said I need to talk. Let's go the office he said and took me to his office. We both sat, smiled at each other when he asked if everything was alright, which perhaps he meant was about his hotel I thought but told him everything is fine. He said what can I do for you. 

It's about the Mill when told, he bent his head, immediately I said nothing bad it's the present status I said. Oh I know everything you came for the second time and the mill is working fine they say. Do you need any help he asked. Can you finance the mill Sir, I asked and with out a blink of the eye he said no no  no. That man, no one in the town trusts and he owes money to so many people he said.(The same words said by another rich commercial electronic goods merchant of the town in my survey.) I explained everything in detail and said as a very important personality of the town you must be informed, was my opinion since the mills contribution to economic activity and revenue generation will be affected. I am sorry he said and told that it is very sad and expressed his helplessness as he is concentrating on his business. I expressed my gratefulness for his opinion and said I may not be in town for long and hope to go back to my town so I had a pleasant stay in your hotel and wish you all the best saying, said bye bye and came out of his office after I heard him saying, Wish You all the best.

I went to the Restaurant and ordered another cup of Tea with out sugar. The waiter came and told me there was a telephone can on hold at the reception the receptionist had seen me entering the restaurant and it was nice of her keeping the call on hold. It was close by so I went and took the call. Hello Rao Sab good morning, it was my contractor, hello Malik where are you, I said. I am sorry could not contact you as I am sick he said. You are sick now I said, yes I am sick he said. I am also sick, it's better we both rest for a few months. I am not making fun but serious please believe me it's my father he is agreeing to your suggestion but Chairman has phoned he is coming to meet him and convince him to agree to his plan. I said don't worry take rest let there meeting take place and we will see what your father says after the meeting. If my father changes my his mind I can't argue with him, what should I do. Do what he says, why bother now wait and watch that's all. Tell me what happens after the meeting I said. OK Rao Sab I will call you but please believe me I am sick. Get well don't worry I said and kept the receiver down.

I went back to my room took my bath did my Puja, dressed up and came to the restaurant ordered a cup of tea with out sugar and waited. I had Tea and as usual got up to go but where to go, not to mills of course so went walking to Sri Ganapathi and Sri Laxmi temples prayed to god to get me out of the mess and returned to Hotel. It was nearing lunch hour, I changed my dress to pajama &  Kurta so I can sleep over my thoughts and spend the day. Lunch delivered I ate slowly and went on the bed to relax.

No comments: