Saturday, July 21, 2018

[ I woke up as the phone was ringing .]

I picked up the phone and my contractor voice said, Rao Sab I am in the Restaurent come for breakfast and I want to talk. I said wait for 5 minutes and went down to meet him, he looked pale as he looked up to meet my eyes. My eye's were not anything better, he asked me what happened did you sleep well he asked, yes I said, tell me what I should do he said. You tell what you told me, that is, to meet your father and discuss with him what he says. Tell your father over phone what he said  that to allow the mill to take 50% production and he will not pay all expenses like raw material and wages and power bill expenses any more and mill can despatch goods as usual up to 50% of daily production only every day which your transporter will pick up daily. He would pay only conversion charges for goods despatched daily till 50% production is despatched for the month. Nothing more and nothing less for any discussions, and all financial dues by mill and to himself by mill should be settled immediately and fresh contract made with fresh  terms and conditions for 6 months only.

You think it will be OK he asked. It may be, however I am going home, if this agreement is made I told.

He was very quite, I said 'Malik" it is 10:00 AM go meet chairman and come we will talk.

O K, I will meet him and see you in the mill and we will talk he said.

Everything was fine at the mill the raw material was available for 15 days, power bill and wages / salary was paid Mill had not paid the earlier dues of 6 months salary and hotel Bill perhaps I will not be paid this old dues I thought even then I could go at the drop of a hat. 

I told my side kick everything when he came with my lunch to my room, he listened and said this mill will not work. I know these people they were suspecting you are being paid by the contractor and you are doing financial transactions of mills also which they feel it is their work. They have already wasted much money you better tell your friend to be careful.

I opened my lunch box and my side kick was trying to go out as he knew I would eat lunch alone. I told hey don't go two or 3 days only I am here and then I will go. He was standing I told him to sit and eat with me. He was hesitating I told him to close the door come sit and take your food and give some food He was still standing I told him that I will go to hotel and have food if he is not having food with me. He than sat reluctantly took some food went out brought a spoon and we both ate what was just roti, rice, curry and curds from a village kitchen

After food we went for a drive and I told him to drive. The Road in front of the mill was having no traffic in the noon .He said he never had a chance to learn. I told him here is a chance you drive I said got down and told him to claim driver's seat he was happy and went sat in driver's seat , I told him how to start and move the vehicle he moved and slowly he was driving laughing and was feeling happy there was no traffic ( 25 years ago ) we came back to the mills after 30 minutes.

The Mill driver who had gone for his lunch was seeing the Car coming we exchanged seats and got down. What happened?, was there any problem he asked. We said no, your driving and maintenance is good I said. I gave him RS.100/- and told him to fill petrol.

My contractor Malik did not come up to 4:00 PM, I called the Spinning Master and told him everything and said he should not engage overtime workers but stop spinning machines. There wont be any payment for daily overtime workers as contractor will pay only for over 50% machine utilization

Arrange to sort out usable waste and mix 5% waste with 95% Polyester after hand opening of waste and cleaning all foreign material and then waste with fresh material and slow down machine speeds in polyester opening machine and give separate batch number and not mix with 100% polyester fiber yarn with this production in any machine and run this batch separately. Take same random yarn sample's  and try to test and compare with 5% waste mix material and keep the report and do not give it to anybody. If you find abnormal variation take CV% of all samples and let me have those values. Pack 5% waste yarn mixed batch separately. He noted all my instructions took my signature and asked me if he has to come to hotel to give test reports and samples. I said if I don't come you came I  said and  returned to the Hotel.

I came to the hotel and asked at the reception if my friend has come. They said No.

I went to the room took my shower and got ready to go it was only 6:00 PM. I went for a walk and to buy some flowers for my puja in the morning at the market and returned it was 7:30 PM so I asked at the reception if my friend had come, they said there was a telephone call for me from my friend when I was out and they said that he will call you at 9:00PM.
I had my dinner went to my room and wrote everything to my wife and told her I may be home with in 15 days.

No comments: