Thursday, July 12, 2018

[ 2 Truck Loads of Polyester Cotton Usable Waste Arrives.]

Two truck loads of polyester cotton usable waste had arrived in the night when I went to the mills. The security had not unloaded the material which I could see from a distance and when I arrived at the spot I told the supervisor who was present to take the trucks and unload them in the go-down.

Around noon Chairman with 3 Directors arrived when I was taking my lunch in the office and after finishing my lunch I went to the Office of Chairman the door was open and no one was inside as also the office boy. I turned back to see they all were coming they all saw me and I saw them looking grim but I smiled and they also smiled. We all entered the office and office boy carried Tea inside. I was sitting nearer to him so I took the Tea and took sip it was with sugar so I kept it on the Table. The Chairman and others had Tea, one of the Director asked me to let them know what is it that they should do to improve the situation. I told all of them that they should allow me to tide over the crisis and my plan of action was to process the waste once he accepts our conversion cost of his polyester cotton waste, we delay processing and tell the New contractor to immediately supply fiber and pay wages and money for electricity charges. I will make him pay.

It would take some time for him to send us the raw material and mean while I will try my best to get rid of the present contractor once the new contractor deal is finalized. I need all of you to trust me or tell me what I must do and I will do what you say if I can do it or tell you I am sorry and will go back to my home. Regarding the New Contractor also, I can bring him only if I have some material to work as all machines will stop in a week or 10 days till his new material comes and by the time I will process the polyester cotton usable waste and will not despatch the yarn till he pays all our dues. I have calculated the amount of money he has to pay and I will give you that statement which you can show after you have examined it which no one in your mill will not say it is not correct. The present contractor also may not agree but cannot say it is unfair statement. However we make him pay or tell him we will run out his stock and will not despatch his stock of raw material waste or yarn. If you have any question please ask me I said.

Chairman asked me to give the statement of the dues of the contractor. I took it from my file and gave it. He looked at it for sometime but did not say anything as the dues from the contractor was much more than his checks that were held at the bank by the contractor's instructions.( A private Bank ). He sent for his assistant who thought he is a genies and gave him my statement and asked if he had looked in to it. He told him that MD ( myself ) has taken his help to make the report and it is as per books and may be he ( myself ) is right. Chairman told his assistant that he should come to his house in the morning and told us he will be out of station for a day and will see what he can do and told the Directors to just talk to the new contractor whether he will agree for a contract and tell him our points as it is with the present contractor and inform him when he comes.He told me to write down minutes of his 2 days meeting and give it to him and that I can process the present contractor's material and send him the sample.

I told the Chairman that the material similar to his polyester sample was with us and the yarn sample is already and contractor's son will be coming tomorrow afternoon to take the sample, talk to his father and inform us about the sample and permit us to go ahead with processing and he will not know if the sample is from our material.

Chairman got up and said it is alright you please discuss with Director and carry on with your plan and I will see you again.

I thanked him as he was walking out of his office.

Soon after the door closed I asked the Directors where he is going, they said may be going to discus with his Technical Adviser on the statement I had given as it looked serious. I smiled and they smiled.

No comments: