Friday, July 13, 2018

[ I start processing polyester cotton waste of contractor.]

When I reached the mill the next day I expected the Directors to come and I started processing the polyester cotton usable waste and wanted to finish the whole thing. I had told the New contractor to wait and that I will be back for lunch. I gave instructions as to how it must be done to the supervisor and came back from the mills to meet the contractor.

Before the new contractor could ask I started telling him the whole storey since he trusted me and I trusted him ( a mistake I do often in my profession which I think was and I feel unavoidable ) he listened patently and told me how he may help. I told him to order the polyester fiber and keep cash ready for payment of salary and wages besides power bill which will be Rs.3,00,000/- plus. He said he will get in touch with his father and do what ever I wanted. We took lunch and we came back to mills. He saw everything and was satisfied that I can do what I said. Few office staff came to my office and told me Directors had come. I went out and took them to Chairman's room made them sit and told them I would bring the New contractor and introduce them to him and they can ask any questions and I also said please do not hesitate to as ask on any matter I said and came to my room and told my contractor that he will meet the Directors and he has to say what ever they want to say that should result in his taking up the work as he has come here on my request and has spent his money.

We both went to Chairman's office and I introduced the Directors.

One of the Directors asked him if he was ready to take up the work himself being present here or he will depute somebody who will be here to start the work. He said he had to do both.

Another Director asked him if he is prepared give advance.

New Contractor said - The Raw material he is keeping in the mill is itself a big advance since the  MD had asked him to supply Polyester Fiber immediately.

Discussions went on further about conversion charges, requirement he needs, how he will make payments, what is his interest weather it is only yarn or other business, if he is doing conversion business, what yarn counts he needs, where he will sell our yarn etc. etc. He, the new contractor answered all the questions and to a particular question as to how he knew me he said he was my yarn seller in his place.

The Directors said that his presence may be needed for the next two days and requested him to stay and discuss further with the Chairman during the next two days. He said he will be pleased to be present and told them to finish the deal in 2 days and got up, I also got up and told the Directors that I will have to take him to the Hotel and will be back in another two hours as I have some work to do in the Mills. The Directors said they will be present in the mill as they have to talk to me. I said OK

I came back to see the Directors still at the Mills and talking to some workers. On seeing me they said we did not expect you but we are glad you came lets go to your office they said and I went to my office and we all sat down and waited for a cup of Tea to brought as I had signaled it to the office asst present. The senior Director told me that the Chairman would talk to them in the night and what should they tell him they asked. I told them they should tell or even warn the chairman that if he doesn't take a decision the mill will stop and the new contractor will go away and the present contractor may not continue to work and even if he does he will not help the mill in any small way, I said both of them agreed to tell the Chairman and said good night.

I sat in my office and wondered as to why I was in the place trying to help the mills and it reminded me it was my professional ethics that my father had inculcated from my younger days as he was also a textile mill official besides I had received on professional ethics guidelines when I received my C Tex ATI graduation invitation from Textile Institute, Manchester, a global degree equivalent graduate certificate. I came back to the hotel met my new contractor told him what happened and to be ready to take over the mill production from next moth.

No comments: