Monday, July 16, 2018

[ I walk slowly thinking how things may move? ]

Walking slowly I thought of other expenses that may come up daily and also store expenses. I decided to use the Rs.50,000/- that I had told the contractor and that the need to keep Rs.3.5 lac stand bye, I thought that Rs.50,000/- will be for miscellaneous expenses that I can have, The Power Bill Rs.1,50,000/- and wages and salaries would be Rs.1,00,000/- was the figure ( 20 years back budget ) that I had seen in the Books. I still had made a provision and there was no worry. Where to keep the money if I take from the contractor, whether he will give me that much or he will make all payments himself even if he makes all the payments himself where will he keeps the money was a question and he cannot keep in the hotel. The thought of telling him to open a account in his company's or his name and that this issue we might have to talk to the local Bank Manager and take his suggestion. This proposal will not be liked by the Chairman was my thought, I was sure of that, as the chairman needed money for his expenses as also some Directors. In that case Rs.3.5 Lac, I had told will not suffice. I had reached the mill and kept my thoughts to myself.

Office Boy had gone with the GM to meet the contractor and after lunch the new contractor came direct to my office along with one of the Director's. This was my chance to expose my plan again to the new contractor in presence of the Director. As we were discussing so many issues the Director present indicated that the dues of the contractor which I had made out and submitted to the chairman was little confusing but a settlement might take place but he would not continue his contract he said. The Director wanted to know if the new contractor would take up the work. The new contractor said as no contract was signed, he was waiting to get the Chairman's signature he said. The Director said that MD's signature is sufficient and the MD would sign a work order to your company pending signing of the contract now itself and he can supply the fiber and take up the work immediately. I intervened and asked the Director if he was told by the Chairman to take such a decision. Of course why would I say that as  the Chairman had phoned to him today morning only to discuss this issue with both of you he told.

I was sure that my statement of contractor's dues has made some effect. The director had also said that the present contractor would not continue his contract. I told the New Contractor that I would give the work order as told by the director and he should deliver the raw material as per specification given and gave him the specifications and the mill will not pay for this and he should meet the commercial tax officer or some mill where he had obtained permission to give us raw material and take the processing charges and take delivery of the material or pay taxes as required in such cases.   The new contractor said he will do the needful.  

I informed the Director that I need to go to hotel as some news is expected from home and I need to go to the hotel and got up. The director said he has to go also and we went to words the mill exit gate. The New Contractor also came with us and I stood near the dept gate and told the contractor to go with the director and ask any doubts he might have since his answers and mine answers he could get an idea why I was doing what I was doing. They both went out and I entered the mill went to spinning Master's office and started telling what are the changes needed to process pure 100% polyester Fiber and asked him to give the log Book He give me the book so I started writing to all shift people who will read and get it in their head since there is only few more days that are left when the present contractor material will run out fully. I told the Spinning Master that running out is a method and it is not the running out we do in games. The new contractor came and was silently observing all the primary instructions and it took more than 2 hr 30 Min for full dos and don'ts to be done in writing.

I told the workers the advantages of PURE Polyester processing how it needs royal treatment on every machines and what care is needed to make a superior yarn. The most important WORK would be cleaning of every part of the machine including the machine floor and keep a cloth to keep the machine as there wont be any yarn break for complete 3 hours. All the workers listened with interest and some even asked questions if the work involved in more if they will get more pay. I told them that I am paying for their time and what ever is their work will be what is told on a day to day basis or a work needed as per agreement. As there is no agreement on work they have to do what is told. If you want further information you can come to my office any time alone or in groups for a meeting. Now you accept what I tell and discuss later if you think you need some information. Now I will have to go or mill may stop so you wait for some time and when all changes are made let's discuss I said. They all kept quite and I left.( most of the workers trusted me.)

No comments: