Wednesday, July 18, 2018

[ Show is on now but a different show.]

I was not surprised things were going on when I went inside the mill right to the place which had the polyester fiber opened and fed to the machines and followed it the spot it was getting stocked to take it to the next stage of machines awaiting and came back to check machine after machine to see the quality standards of performance and material delivered. The Spinning Master had come and I congratulated him on the work done as per my instructions. I was talking a few workers who looked happy. There was nothing to say or look but had to go back to the office to see what has happened to the rest of my crisis.

Standing tall was my Royal Crisis of making payment to the workers on my head constantly but so was taking the production of new material on machines. I had to talk to the new contractor whom I did not meet at the hotel as I had to see the progress of new production going on stream as early as possible besides the new contractor was also more important since the new contractor would have to pay to workers or the mill would stop. Of course the next would be the power bill he has to pay since he had agreed earlier. My next and urgent drama to play was to bring the Director who told me to issue the work order to the new contractor should see what has happened in the mill and be present since I was expecting Chairman to come. Actually, there was nothing next but everything to be done simultaneously. I told the office boy, me sidekick to go to the director's house and bring him somehow to the mill immediately.I called the mill accountant who was a relative of chairman to find out where is the chairman. I told the Spinning Master to go on his friend's motorcycle and bring the new contractor from the hotel. Having done all this I told the security to warn me if Chairman comes as he would be watching the Main road from the entrance he can switch on the RED light and switch off immediately which I had kept in all departments for worker to leave their workplace and go home and the incoming worker present in the department to take over from the outgoing workers place of work. I sat in the office and searched the 'Work Order' copy on which I had taken the Director's Signature to issue the "Work Order" found it and kept it in my pocket. I then left my office and went into the department and stood there watching a running machine and told the supervisor to start cleaning all the main and machine ally and see nothing is lying on the floor. ( It was so ) but I wanted the floor nicely swept. Nothing happened for more than one hour.

I saw the RED LIGHT on & off no one noticed if they noticed also no one left the workplace because of the time was not of shift change and it flickered less than a second. I walked to the main exit gate and saw him coming I said namaste and he said good lets us go to the office. I thought he is not aware of what happened otherwise he would have entered the mill. As the new material had not yet come to spinning he perhaps thought that the mill has stopped. We both entered the office and collapsed ( sat down as if the seat pulled him down ) in his chair and I sat down. So, have you despatched the yarn he asked.No I said, he looked relieved, where is the GM he asked I told him to take the sample I said for his approval so I can fix the cost and inform him the total conversion amount and yarn made out of his material? Why this procedure he asked I told him if he say's anything or any complaint on yarn quality we can take suitable action. What action we will say OK we will sell the yarn at his account and tell him it will be to his account. He will understand what it is. GM has returned but he has not come to mills. Now you are here we can take a decision on the issue I said.

The Director and New Contractor both walked in. The Director started his talk in the local language and went on telling the chairman what happened since 3 nights. The chairman listened to him and asked me if the contract is drawn. I said I have a draft made it is in the hotel I said. We will meet in the morning and decide he said. I got up and walked out I saw the New Contractor also had followed me. We both went to my office. As I reached my office and once we were inside I pulled the draft Work Order from my packet and asked him to sign immediately and pushed the paper and my Pen. He started to read I told him you read it in your room just sigh it I said. I also signed. I told him to put it in his pocket. I expected Chairman may ask the work order as I heard the word work order when the director was telling chairman in local language what conspired during his absence.

The Director walked into my office and asked the New Contractor if he had sent the Work Order to his father. He said he will send it in the morning. You bring it in the morning when you come he said and left.

We both got up from our chair and went to office as I wanted him to see his fibre under process and waited for some time thinking we may be needed after some time but my office boy came and told me both Chairman and Director had left the mill.

I was tired and told my office boy what was the mood of the chairman and director when they left He said they looked somewhat happy. I told him to lock up the office and go as I was also going with the contractor.

No comments: