Saturday, July 14, 2018

[ 10:00 PM Sharp the Phone Rings.]

The phone started ringing at 10:00 PM sharp I allowed it to ring 5 times and picked up the phone and said S K G RAO speaking. I said HA JI a Hindi word for Yes Sir when at the other end the voice said Namaste Rao Shahib I said Namaste bhai sab, the conversation went on for some time about the sample I had sent, he said it was OK and I can dispatch the goods as early as possible. I asked him about the check and supply of material if he wants to continue the contract and he said our Technical Advisor is discussing with him on the issue and it will be known to us shortly. I said in Hindi achaji namaste and waited he had not disconnected perhaps he wanted to hear some voice if some one was present so I had signaled to the new contractor to keep his mouth shut he disconnected and I hang up the phone.

I told the new contractor who was with me that the man was just telling me my sample was to be processed as early as possible and his agent our GM will dispatch the material on a Sunday when I don't go the mill. I had told the supervisor not to pack the material and the production was packed only in day and stored unpacked.I had also told all the workers and supervisor that they should not pack the goods unless I tell them.

I asked the new contractor if the new polyester fiber was coming he said it will come in 3 days. That was by the last day of the month.I told him not to tell the Chairman and Directors that your material will come in three days tomorrow noon I will see the present contractor term ends. He said very well let me wait and see your Drama.

Next day I sent a FAX to the contractor that all his material will be running out fully in 3 days and after weighing all the material it will be weighed and packed as also all the waste that cannot be made in to yarn by our mill will be weighed and actual realization calculated and cost worked out will be sent to him to pay the conversion charges plus taxes so he can send a draft for the amount and enable us to dispatch his full yarn stock with us with the waste. A copy of the FAX I gave it to Chairman when myself and the new contractor who had come with me to the mills met him to finalize his contract.

After prolonged discussions the new contractor indicated his willingness to take up conversion work and answered all questions to the entire satisfaction of Chairman and directors. The Chairman told that the new contractor he may be take up the contract which he had seen and he may start the work immediately. He asked the new contractor when will the fiber come.The new contractor said he will take the fiber specifications from MD which will be ordered and see that the fiber is dispatched in his account as he was a agent to fiber suppler and the cost of the fiber may be deducted from finished material supplied against invoices with out any payment. The Chairman asked me not to dispatch the material in process to the present contractor till his account is settled which he will inform all of us shortly. I had the Contract form ready and told the new contractor to send to his father for his Signature and Stamp with Date and get a scan copy after which the Mill will sign.

I went near the Chairman and whispered if I can go ahead with changes required to process the new contractors material which is 100% polyester.

Of course you can, he is taking the material is it not?

I said Of course he will.

Then go ahead he said.

I whispered, Sir Power Bill and Wages is coming.

He stood for a second and asked me if the New Contractor will arrange for that?

I said I will try.

He said try and tell me and walked away.

No comments: