Tuesday, July 24, 2018

[ Time to discuss with my Wife I was thinking.]

I was ready to go to the mills and driver had not come it was nearing 10:00 AM. I had a feeling the driver won't come. So I walked to the bus stand and sat in the bus. I wasn't in my morning moods thinking about mill, but thinking about home. My daughter and her studies, my wife and her activities in running the house and my future activities and full retirement from my profession, my diabetes and BP was flashing in my mind. The bus was moving and it was now away from the dusty town. Fresh wind was blowing I looked around it was a rural bus with rural folks mostly travelling away from town I thought, looking at their baggage. The look on all of their faces did not indicate they were happy. Of course I was a earlier Mill General Manager where the Mill was located 9 KM from city and most of my workers were living near the Mill and they were mostly the villagers who were also looking not happy. So my thinking was if villagers in our country looked happy in any village. That was not a refreshing thought. If I saw any villager who was happy it was my driver he was a villager. It was my room Boy, It was my Waiter in the hotel and so was my Dhobi they all were from villages. Oh god all my workers in the mill were all young and old villagers who did work in my mill. So who is doing the farming. I thought of asking my side kick and the bus stopped. I got down and my side kick also was in the bus and he too got down. As we were walking to words mills which was 3 minutes walk. It was no use asking him why he did not sit by my side. I asked him who worked in the farm he said it was mostly woman folk after sowing the seeds in land prepared for sowing the seeds which men did the work.

We entered the wide doors of the Exit and there was a wide passage where workers had to keep their belongings for which there was provision, some changed their cloths except woman workers and entered their work places.

I asked my side kick to enquire the person who was sweeping the floor if he received the floor clean from his previous worker of out going shit. He went and asked and came back to me and said 'No' he did not he said. I told go and ask him if he did aske the out going person why he kept it so. He did and told me he does not ask, as he leaves it like that daily and it is no use asking he say's. I told him to go and call the supervisor where ever he is.

The supervisor came and I told him to write in the log book if all the department was clean at the time of handing over the shift daily from today.

I told my side kick to go and make enquire if all dept.'s are kept clean all the time or only some time. To find out also if chairman is coming to mill today.

He came back and told me chairman will come in the afternoon.

I remained in the department taking stock of material in process, testing visually critical areas in the machine and going through the test reports of waste mixed and pure yarn test results. They all did not indicate significance difference. I told the people in the test room to send me yarn appearance board of both waste mixed and not mixed yarn and went to my office it was lunch hour for workmen.

I came to Chairman's Office and opened the door. A director was sitting and he told me that Chairman had left just few minutes ago.I asked him if he waited for me or he did something else. He asked some files went took them and told the Secretary to call a meeting at his house and said he wants to go for a meeting and left after talking to few workers he said. I told him everything about what is happening and if it does happen I won't be here I said. No, we will not allow that, you stay we will discuss and he too left.

Time to discuss with my Wife!!!



Posted by Picasa


No comments: