Monday, July 30, 2018

[ Everything was going from Pan to Fire.]

I did not go to my job but went to bed and I realized that when I got up next day. Suddenly there was no hurry for anything, I had sacked myself and sure felt jobless, the door bell rang thinking it must be my contractor I opened the door. It was indeed my contractor he entered saying good morning and sat down I also sat down on my bed. We were starring at each other. I said tell me what happened. He said my father has come. So what I said. The Chairman had come to his place and had called him to pick him up from the hotel he said that he would inform his father as he was sick. His father met him and they had discussed about sharing the production with another contractor. Some how my father felt during discussion that he should not invest his money with this arrangement and he agreed to share with another contractor. Why and how did you agree when I asked, he said I can't disagree with my father and none of my younger brothers also won't say a word against my father that is our tradition in our community that goes on ever since we settled down in the present place he said. I could not say a word more since that was my family tradition too.

I kept quite and ordered Room Service to bring two cups of Tea one with out sugar and thought I must get out of his sight and calm down and be cool. I went to the bath Room and came back after few minutes washing my face with a big towel hiding my face said what happens now. My father is going to attend a meeting and some discussions will take place he said. What is the Agenda I asked. Are you not invited for the meeting you must have drawn the agenda how can they, the blokes don't know what are the things mainly to be done with two contractor he said. I felt like a ton of bricks fall on my head. I was not invited and it was decided to have two contractors and there was a meeting, it was too much for me to even stay in town now and thought of how to tell him the consequences of working the mill with two contractors.

I said look I am not even contacted let alone tell me about the meeting. They think they can do it with the set up in place with out me. The following things will happen tell your father.

1 - They will say that the new contractor will have to pay not less than RS,5,00,000/- to buy cotton.

2 - The entire mill machinery is designed to process polyester and silk blends but I had converted it to polyester only as both silk or viscose fiber was not available which you know.

3 - The new contractor will pay RS.5,00,000/- and they may or may not buy cotton.

4 - They will ask you to pay workers wages and power bill RS.5,00,000/-

5 - If you pay, you are bound to be in deep shi*

6 - Now you go to the meeting and watch don't argue with your father. He finished his tea and left.

I finished my Tea and came from my room and waited in the reception to see his father.

No comments: