Tuesday, July 17, 2018

[ Crisis after Crisis.]

The mill was partially working and I had told the Spinning Master to start cleaning the departments every nook and corner of only of the departments where machines were stopped and run out all machines with material and pack all yarn and take it yarn go-down. I told them what to do next will be told and not keep workers idle or send them away on no work.

The raw material was yet to come so I did not go the mills. The pay to workers was due in 3 days and there was no money, chairman was yet to come and I was not aware of what the present contractor was going to do, the present contractor had gone out of station and told he will come as soon as possible, no director had come to mills. Yarn manufactured to contractor from his polyester waste was still not sent, the value of this yarn was not known as the contractor had not agreed to my rate fixed, I had finished the breakfast when the driver came I asked him when the chairman will come. He said he may come the next day. I told him if we can go to see Technical Advisor he said Chairman has met him and is meeting him daily so you better think of some other place to go. At that time hotel boy came and told that there was a telephone call for me at reception counter. I told the driver to wait and went to take the call. It was the new contractor he said the truck from Bombay with polyester fiber will be arriving at night and I must make arrangements to unload if the truck comes in the night. I said OK and he kept the phone or the call was disconnected. I was in a fix. I told the driver to drop me at the mills ( as I had to go to make arrangements to unload the truck if not the truck driver may go some where in his truck to sleep at night ).He said he will do that only as chairman has told to bring the car to his place today. I had to come back from mill by BUS. The meaning of BUS in Hindi language is enough.

Yes that was enough of a crisis for the day. I went out walking from the mills to the near by RIVER  to know how the water was pumped from the river to the mills which I had never seen.

I walked up to the river and near the place where I saw was a pipe on the of the bed lying helplessly and where there was no water. Actually there was a stream of water going like a arrow indicating the path and direction of flow of the River. There was NO WATER I put my hand over my head and said Oh NO not another Crisis. I looked around and saw a man who looked like a farmer ( all farmers can be recognized in India by Indians only.) he was also looking at me. I signaled him to come but he turned to words the village and walked away. The crisis remained. I walked back to the mills saying enough is enough.On the way I saw a mango tree being plucked by few people and just to watch them plucking I stood there for a minute it was interesting to see how they were plucking. One of them gave me a ripe mango it was nice to see and I could hear it say eat me, but I held it in my hand and walked remembering the song " Underneath the Mango Tree.

No comments: