Thursday, July 12, 2018

[ High Meeting & Big Surprice.]

Chairman was the first to speak and he said you went to meet the contractor and what happened. I had a hint the taxi fellow would have been contacted and information was given how much time I had spent at the contractor's place. They could not question my going but they would have the authority to ask me to tell what happened.

Me - I met the contractor and he is willing to continue his work. The face of Chairman & Directors changed.

Chairman- What was the discussion like.

Me - He was nice man I felt as he was smiling and talking to me which showed he was not agitated. I told him that his actions had disrupted our mill and machines were getting stopped with avoidable causes and production loss besides workers were sent home with out any good reason. He said it was all because of us supplying bad quality of yarn and he also was facing loses and issues with customers who had returned the cloth as it was not to their quality standards. I told him I will take care of that but you please send the raw material and instruct the bankers to lift the hold on the check so that mill can run with out any loss further. He told me to talk to him freely and I said he should also talk to me freely besides trusting me in all matters. He wanted me to process  his stock of polyester cotton waste and told me he will send two truck loads of polyester cotton usable waste which I have to convert to yarn and gave me the choice to make yarn to my specification, I agreed after seeing the entire lot of his material and he should arrange fresh stock of raw material and release the hold on the check he had instructed to the bankers.

Chairman - You agreed to convert our mill to a waste mill.

Me - It was not 100% waste he was sending but good material wasted while running by one of his mill.

Chairman. - Why can't his mill process that waste.

> Me - They do not have any person who knows how to do it. Actually it is as good as new material but wasted during material handling and working of the machines as well as restarting of the machines as well as testing and other running out of the machines during batch changing.

Chairman - How many days we have to process his material and what are his rates he will pay for it.

Me - I will have to receive his material weigh it make a sample and calculate the cost and tell him our charges if he agrees we will process or tell him to take it after paying our dues.

Chairman - Said something in local language ( said something like 'everything is going to be a mess' )

Me - If it is going to be a mess and it will be after I go from here I said and added, it was a mess here that's why I came back and if I go you will be again back to square where you were before I came and may be worse.

Chairman asked Directors, if they should discuss the matter between themselves  in local language (which I did make out).

Directors agreed and nodded their Heads.

Chairman told me to go ahead with my work and asked me when will the New Contractor come.

Me - He is staying in my Hotel now to see you I said and left his office.

As soon as I came out of the office one of the Directors came out and asked me if I am going away or staying.

I told the Director who respected me very much that I will not go and make the mill and worker suffer you go back and tell the Chairman not to worry and left him and saw him going back.

Chairman secretary told me after some time that chairman and directors had left and will come to office with other Directors for continuing the meeting and I should come also with the New Contractor.

I told him the New Contractor will not come until the present meeting concludes and this information he must inform the Chairman.

No comments: