Wednesday, July 11, 2018

[ Meeting the Contractor at his place.]

I had to go by a Taxi as mill car I could not take. When I told the Taxi fellow to come at 9:00 AM he said he will come at 10:00 AM only. Going and coming will be 4 hours and meeting another 1 hour and at Lunch hour I will not be present at my hotel. I thought I will go after lunch and told the contractor that I will start after my Lunch. He said no you will have lunch with me in my house. That was nice of him so I met him in his office in his big bungalow. I saw he was a simple guy and soft spoken and at a time keeping quite for me to talk. That impressed me. I asked him why he had stopped supplying raw material and made no payments and told him about workers wages and power bill as also production loss since machines were stopped for want of raw material and mill would have to pay the workers full lay off wages. He told me he had incurred loss due to bad yarn and that the people who had purchased his yarn made by our mill had dumped their cloth bales at his go-down and demanded their money back including the weaving cost and he told me to see the cloth and tell me what to do.I told him to show the cloth and after seeing the cloth I told him that the cloth could be printed and sold for a much higher price and he would not make any loss. I could see from his face that I was speaking the truth. However, he said he is only a yarn Merchant and not cloth merchant and it would take time away from his work besides he knew nothing about polyester blended cloth printing. I told him to continue his work in our mill and I will solve his problem.

He wanted to know where I worked and in what position I worked, now it was time to give him my full bio-data.I took out my dairy and wrote my qualification, training's in S I T R A, B I T R A, experience in testing and quality control under a Japanese Dr. Hanada, Standardization,Material Flow,Process Control,Production Planning,Modernization, Rationalization.Training,of workers and Standard Costings of products. products diversification,Waste Control,Motivation and all the names of the mills I worked with, as Spinning Superintendent,Production Manager and General Manager with full powers. As I was writing he kept quite so I asked him if he was running any other mill on contract. He said he was indeed running 2 other textile mills.After I gave my complete bio-data he went through it slowly and smiled I also smiled. He now wanted to know if I can spin soft polyester / cotton waste.I told him to bring a bale of waste right in his office. He sent his men to his go-down to bring a bale. I told him after seeing the bale contents spreading them on his office floor and TOLD him to tell me if he considers it as waste. He said there are lorry loads of waste, I told him I will see all the bales and I wanted all bales opened for my inspection if they are better or worse. He never expected I would make such a demand opening 2 lorry loads for checking.

The 2 lorry load Polyester/Cotton came to the go down I pulled a hand full of waste and put it in a plastic bag I told the workers to take out samples from all bags  in the same manner and keep them in office. The time was nearing 2:00PM so Contractor took me to his house for Lunch.

No comments: