Saturday, July 07, 2018

[ I go back since it was my (baby ) Mill I thought. ]

I called the Vice Chairman and told him my terms and conditions which he accepted. I had no fresh demands but what ever I did get earlier and in what ever capacity I worked would be O K with me.

I was sitting at home and doing nothing so, even though I knew the Chairman would be a bottle neck in my management I took the risk and told my wife and daughter that I will be going to the horrible place and come back after I fix everything.

I landed in the place and after checking in to the hotel I made some research on the mills and found it was a mess not only by it's working even by reputation that was there when it was running in my control.Having come I had to see how much fixing it needs and next day I was on my way when the driver told me that Chairman's car was coming in front I told him to stop the Car and seeing me the chairman's car also stopped and we just hugged and exchanged pleasantries and I was told to proceed to the mills and that there would be a meeting with directors and I need to come and say what I need to say and carry on with my work. There was nothing in writing and when I went to the mills it was a real mess big mess.

My room was empty and locked. The office staff was happy my office boy and my side kick had left. I was told even the civil engineer and electrical engineer had gone the testing dept was in ruins.All others were present and looked happy to see me. This motivated me to look at other things.

There was a highly qualified experienced Technical Adviser visiting the mills, a General Manager was present. A Qualified Supervisor from contractor present who was not a mill employ. I met all of them and they looked as if they lost their jobs as they had perhaps were knowing my reputation and work.and followed me where ever I went in total silence. I did not also ask them any questions.

To my horror some old machines were purchased with a extended bank loan on the pretext that they would increase production after new product mix and pay back loan and the bank chairman would have accepted as he had powers to sanction the loans. This was the advise by the Technical Advisor they told me. All Brand New Machines I had set up looked like Old machines that gave equal look. Some machines which could help produce value added products were removed and dumped in a corner. Even the approach road to mills which I had improved had huge pits. The Mill looked like a haunted place from out side, while it looked like old 1988 waste spinning mill inside.

Only the Security man was OK.

No comments: