Monday, July 16, 2018

[ I am the Master of all I survey.]

That night I had very relaxed discussions over a drink with the new contractor in the hotel and it went along with dinner till late in the night. I told him he will have to now take everything very serious and it would at least be for three months,when he would have to finance the mill to get a good production of his requirement up to his satisfaction. He should not worry about his temporary funding of the mill for his long time profitability. There after with out further investments the mill will not need his money and if he is hesitating to go along with my instructions and suggestions mentioned I wouldn't stay here and if he has any doubts on my advise, he should walk away and I would carry on very well going home I said. I said that I will not stay for more than a day if he wishes to go. I told him also that he will have to pay my salary also as I will not take any money from mills nor they have any money on the other hand they may ask you and you should say you are giving money direct to electricity board and pay wages to workers your self.

He agreed to everything. I told him to be ready with Rs.3.5 lacks with in 5 days and think over the matter and reply in 2 days. I  said, I will tell Chairman that the present contractor's material will run out fully in 7 days and mill will not be able to work any machine and all workers will be engaged in cleaning the machines and all departments and out side buildings will be cleaned as no cleaning was done properly since 3 weeks. I asked do you agree now Mr Mohan ( name changed )I asked and he said I will tell my father, you can go ahead and tell the chairman, let us see what he says.

Next day there was no transport sent I went to mill by Bus. The GM of our mill was also sitting and he could not see my getting in side the Bus. I went and sat down by his side and he was surprised but did not say anything but I said good morning. He said good morning and asked why I am taking the Bus. I told him that Chairman had gone out of station perhaps to meet the Technical Adviser. He said yes I knew it but thought you might have got the Jeep. We talked during the bus ride and I told him that the present contractor may not send the raw material and the new contractor has not agreed yet to take up the contract. He said why not we continue with the present contractor. I have met him at his home and told him but he seems to have some problems so why not you go and tell him since he knows you better. If you want I authorize you and you can go now itself. If you tell I will go he said. Yes you please go and also tell him that I sent you and I am serious as mill will stop in 10 days. Do now get down at Bus stop near Mill but go to terminus and return by the same Bus and go to the contractor meet him and tell him. What should I say why I have not dispatched the yarn, tell him it is chairman's instructions.

It will be hard to tell like that but I will try he said. If you need any money I will send it to the bus stop you sign the voucher sent and take the money and tell me how much is required. He said RS.500/- will be sufficient. I told him when he returns he should come to hotel on and meet me the new contractor he wants to meet you. He has not spoken to me once he said, that's the reason he wants to meet you. He said you say meet new contractor so I will meet him but yes he may ask any questions that I don't know what I can say. We will see to that. If you want take a bundle packed 12 gm extra weight in the bundle packed in a plastic sheet nicely packed and give it, Mark Humidity and weight on the Package. Don't tell him Reeling is run by ladies If They want to work they will be taken on trial you can tell I said. Near the Mill when the bus stop our Office Asst was standing and I told him to go with GM as a sample of yarn bundle is to be taken. He was happy to go I to go I told the Office Asst to make 2 vouchers and write one for GM and another himself  and bring Rs. 500/- for each of their expenses.


I got down from the Bus with a smile and went to the mills

No comments: