Saturday, September 15, 2018

[ My first Mill on my first job.]

The Textile Inspector arrived at around 2:15 PM on seeing me he said are you from SKSJTI I said yes. Have you taken a Room here he asked, I said no. If you want One Bed is vacant in my room you can occupy the rent is Rs.25/- per month you get hot water for bath. I said yes I wanted it that's why I was waiting for you. He asked the Room Boy to call the Malik of the Hotel and my entry was fixed. The next day I met the MD and he told me to wait . I was waiting, a cup of coffee was given. After an hour MD came out of the office and with him there were 2 more persons were present. All 3 of us went round the mills and after going through all the departments we came to office, and  all of us were told to sit in the office and he went to his office in another corner.

With in a few minutes all of us were called and we had coffee. MD said that I must say something about the mill I saw and I can say it freely. I told that as per the system taught by us by the Dr. T Hanada of Japan the material flow I saw was not as he wanted. The machine cleaning sequence seems like not like in the textile mills of Japan. There are some changes to be made, weighing the yarn bundles needs change. There are no records of humidity charts anywhere, Speeds of machines need to be checked. Saw few bad habits of workmen in joining broken ends piecing, some places there were no bulbs. Roof Cleaning was not done for a long period quality control studies records were not given to see. Some other tests have been stopped and records of various tests were making test in one go and that was done only at 12:00 to 3:OO PM Some more tests on cotton that were made  was not regular. However I am going to organize SQC so it will be done, also the mill may make a lawn in front of the office so that fresh air can come to office. The test Room must be a Air Conditioned Room if possible or can have wide windows. There are other things that are to be made but these steps need to be done on priority I informed.

I had not seen a man sitting next to MD but he was sitting slightly behind him. he had taken down what ever I had spoken perhaps he was told to go so he got up and went away. After some time as they were discussing what I had said the person who had taken down my saying to MD came and gave the paper the two persons and told them to study and again discuss with him with a report of their action plan.

MD stood up and told me to come with him, we went out and near the car he told me to sit beside him and the car drove off from the mills wide gates opened and kept open only for this car to go by two security men in uniform.
MD never spoke a word till we reached his residence which I used to see on my way to previous mill and never imagined I would be sitting in this big mansion like structure, the car stopped in the portico and I followed him once inside he told me to wait after some time I was served coffee. I drank coffee and was waiting when some body came and told me that MD is resting and I may go. With out a word I left his mansion and walked back to my meals joint.


No comments: