Friday, September 14, 2018

[ My parents were happy that I was on track.]

My father saw me from opening the compound gate as I saw him, he saw me too and came and opened the door the door had expanded metal grill. I entered stood for a few seconds and told him that I would be joining a new mill in the heart of the city and would be staying almost near the mill itself. He asked me some technical questions and gave a slap on my head and told me to tell my mother. I almost bumped in to my mother as she came out to meet me hearing my voice. She pushed me to the Dining Room and sat in a chair and I also sat on another dumping my hand baggage on the table. She asked many questions and wanted to know if I had a permanent job, if people in the mill would co-operate and if I will say something resign from the job and again come here to tell another storey. I kept my hand on my heart and told her that the job I had was in a vacancy and it is permanent if I work to the spinning master's satisfaction. OK take bath do puja and come to breakfast I want to talk more she said.

During breakfast my mother wanted to know what happened to my friends Murali, Vasant, Narasimha, and Gopinath. They are all in the same mills and they are still on training in the same mill. They may join some mill in or around Coimbatore as supervisors, there are always supervisors in demand since many mills are interested in keeping technically qualified persons than promoting worker level fitters as Jobbers and that was the advise from South India Textile Research Associations strong recommendations to all Mill Owners. So there is good scope as more than 90 Textile Big, Large, Standard and Small mills I informed. She saw my appointment letter, she said I must send Rs.10/- per month from my salary, She told me that in 2 years my salary had increased 300% and I must not spend lavishly. I told her I have to eat what Murali eats you know it is the minimum. I don't want you to take any loan from your friends. If you need anything write to me and I will buy and keep.

I stayed for 3 days and my sisters were happy just that I am not there to quarrel and fight with them but they were really charming in our family. I used to demand their blank papers and Dot Pens Rubber and anything I need. My departure a day early I would take them to a Hindi film.

I wanted to join the mill on Thursday so I left my home on Tuesday came to Coimbatore at 9:00 AM and went to a hotel next to mill asked for a room. They said they have only 1 room occupied by a Textile Inspector he goes to mills and comes for Lunch at 12:30 PM they said. I sat in the hotel as I had known some textile committee inspectors who were working in my previous mill. I saw the Room he was occupying and wanted the same Room as it was good. The Mill Gate was just at the other end of the Hotel Compound it was the best. The Rent was Rs.50/- PM and there were 2 Beds.

No comments: