Friday, June 01, 2018

[I was Asked to also take Charge of No.2 Mill. ]

This No.2 Mill was No.2 Mess management of the stupid directors only 2 god knows how many were there to run a reputed mills which these 2 brothers took over from the previous mill owners. The first day I went my mind told me to get out of the mess but my but my decision to join the mills was in a situation that I had to join here or face unemployment.

However the same passion of taking only mills which were in a mess and make them better was my experience. The man in charge of the mill was not knowing where to start and how to improve the mills. I told him to first hide the waste lying here and there to some unseen corner and keep it packed and keep it look line something that was to be sent out or was something that was received like it was some received by the mills just few days back and sort out bag by bag waste which could be reused or sold as unusable waste. This he did and perhaps reported what I instructed to the big fat stupid director. The production and quality did not improve as the management expected.

Workers were watching my work were anxiously watching my work and perhaps they too reported to their leaders my work. The leaders soon came and met me and told me so many problems that was kept pending by the stupid management so very trivial issues I was not knowing what to do and reported to the labor officer why such trivial issues were redressed and kept pending. He said he would take it up with the babu ( director ) and see they are settled. However, things went badly and I was told that I must dismiss the workers involved on some pretext or other so that more issues pending did not come up. I went slow and try to improve mills performance. I told the labor leaders that they must take up the matter with the Govt Labor Officer. They did and Gov't labour officer called the mill management to attend a meeting to discuss the issues.

The management did not know who they have to send to discuss the matter with Govt Asst Labour Commissioner. They thought I am pro labor and appointed a Executive Director and told him to work under me. He reported to me and I told him to work as he sees what are the areas he would like to work and report his findings. He did nothing.

No comments: