Thursday, May 31, 2018

[ Govt Mill to Private Mill. ]

I left this well set mill after teaching all about how to run the mill since I had trained the young Boys trained very well and they were all doing good work.

I used to pay wages to all workers men and women on appointed day and there would be gifts to workers who did not absent a single day for work

I left the Mill with out telling anybody.

I had called my wife telling about the change to come for few months and try to admit daughter in a Lady's hostel. I do not know how he did but she did something better and came it was another few months she would go to her masters and finish it in 2 years.

I was trying to work but I was getting this mills which were badly managed by the cotton merchants who were only supplying cotton and when the mill owner could not pay the money they told him to hand over the mill

They did employ good technicians to run the mill but it had to run as they wanted it to run.

When I walked around the Mill No.1 and Mill No.2 workers were starring at me at one place I saw a machine making much waste and told them to stop the machine and remove all the feed and delivered material and cleaned the machine 4 hours with 6 persons from bottom to top. The machine gauges were checked, all parts oiled & greased as required new feed material fixed to produce the required yarn and all driving tapes were checked to same size, ring travelers changed and speed reduced by 300 rpm. The machine which was giving just 93grms/spindle was giving 106grms/spindle.

The News went to the Mill Owner and he said can you make that production increase IN ALL MACHINES I SAID YES.
The next day I went to his office and submitted a report the plan of action to improve the production and reduce the waste and the report said budget expenses for each machine.  I had given details of how I would carry out my job and the requirements including men and machine and money required.   

No comments: