Thursday, June 28, 2018

[ Mill to start on Vijaya Dashami day.]

I had one electrical engineer, one Civil Engineer and many skilled workers I talked to them as to how their work could be speeded up if done systematically and gave in writing how the mill could start production in a way that workers could see what they have achieved. It was now my job to guide them in how they could go on with out a break as everything including their personal time was taken care. A experienced mason soon built toilets as there was none and workers had to go some distance away from their work spot. Even drinking water was a issue solved.Lunch hour was staggered and I took my lunch from a villagers home near the site. I for the first time tasted what the food tastes which a farmer eats. I had seen a boy preparing only Tea for those working in the mills. I talked to him and asked him to go and see a canteen run in a sugar mill nearby and told him to keep packets of Biscuits also.Soon some tiffen was also available to all including my office staff 24 hours. A separate canteen room was provided. There was no limit to any resource all Directors were happy with my work the Chairman was a politician and he had a look different than others he could not give me any advise perhaps this was his anguish. I had all controls and he used to come sometimes and go while I was driven to mills.

No comments: