Monday, August 27, 2018

[ One Movie was made for a sequence of an accident to be Shoot, in my Mills.]

Every one will be interested in watching how a movie is shoot and when I was working in Bombay I had watched it and now it so happened that my mill was very famous after I took charge that all the people in the town knew of the activities of my mill. The film producer came with one of our staff and met me and he was given permission to shoot in my mill. The Film Shoot gang came with all male and female actors and their hard ware in trucks and cars and for about 2 days there was production loss and nothing worked all officer were told by me not to bother everybody was happy seeing their actor and actress and how the film shoot was done.

I was famous since I had made the Mill produce different varieties of product and produced superior yarn by modernization and introduced printing of fabric, production of Voile Sari's, Bed Sheets, Curtain fabrics, Men's Suiting's, school uniform fabrics and other fabrics for any special uses not done by any organized sector of textile mills.

I had asked The Queen of the Royal Family to release polyester/Viscose suiting that was made first time in my mill by me by my technical expertise and no textile mill of the south Indian textile mill had made this fabric.

My mill employees had performed a social drama in the local language which I had written which was broadcasted over All India Radio of the state.

These activities instead of being a favorable social activity of the mill had created a rumor that the mills carried on with other activities rather than improving the performance of my mill.

I had opened a huge show room with a big sign board saying in huge letters "FABRICS FOR FAMILY" and with pictures showing a family's bed room, drawing room doors and windows with curtains, beds with bed sheets and children with school uniforms and their parents with our mills fabrics that was available in the show room.

Another facility for all the employees of the mill was they, the employees could buy any quantity of mill produced materials and they need not have to pay cash but the amount would be deducted from their wages / salaries either fully if they wanted or on monthly instalments of 3, 6, 9 or 12 months.

Yet another social commitment was the girl children of employees could learn and was taught sewing classes in mills if they were interested and this was another permanent commitment I had made to the employees.

One more was a Co-Operative workers Society, which took care of financial commitments of employees and with a Bank and a Departmental Stores where anything could be purchased when ever required by the family.

Yet another was unofficial help where the eldest or technically qualified son of a retiring employee would be trained as a trainee and employed after successful training where the vacancy would be created by retirement of the employee or death due to any natural death of any employee.

Mill canteen contractor started providing upgraded tasty menu tiffin and lunch to workers when all hardware like kitchen utensils, table chairs, fire wood,  was made free.

Workmen working from 11:00 PM to morning 7:00 AM were given Free Tea during recess hours.

Everything was done with out consulting the workers union in some cases and others after informing first my superiors for comments and then implemented.

Some body carried every information all over and it was viewed as if I was wasting employees hard earned money and I was not working towards improving the mills performance. There was no effect but it made me sad however, I was transferred to another mill when the finance manager made a blunder. He was sent from my head office so I was not in a job loss but job transfer on moral grounds.

The open space in front of the mills was converted in a lawn with rose and jasmine flowers all around the compound and this was used by union leaders to conduct meetings some times.

My wife and myself remember all the experience we had in those years of our Life.

No comments: