Friday, August 17, 2018

[ I come Home for my Son's marriage.]

My son had come home after he left to go abroad for his work and I left home to carry on my work in a remote place however it was not a good idea for me to keep my daughter and wife alone in a big house so after I joined duty I had to rent a house and the mill would pay for it. This was done. My son soon returned from his work in the HO and he was with my wife and his sister. To arrange the required furniture and other things it took some time.

Over the phone, my wife told me that a friend of our daughter who was a classmate of my son had completed her MD in medicine and wanted to be in our city to undergo the required House Surgeon training and wanted to stay in our house. Actually, she just landed in our house and there was no way we could disagree with her choice since her parents were our good family friends. Our house was big and the ground floor was vacant. She was put up in one room and was going to her hospital with him from home and would return back while he was on his way back. It went on and her parents and relatives visited her and were happy she being comfortable in our home staying independently.

My job as General Manager of a large textile mill for over a year had stabilized and my work increased exports. However, as GM, I reported to the MD and his son was Executive Director I did not report to him. The Mill I worked had another textile mill and my MD handed over my mill the Executive Director who was my son age or elder by 5 years perhaps but 'looked younger but his behavior was not like my son's and my MD started looking after the other textile mill which was 100% of its production exported to Japan and needed strict monitoring of production. My MD was a good technocrat who liked to look into the quality aspects of his goods manufactured by his mills. Each mill during that period 25 years back boasted of their mill as export-oriented and used to say X % of mills production was Exported. The Executive Director who was now in charge of my mill wanted his say, in improving the mill's performance as he was also a Textile Graduate. His problem was he was looking at other mills where the quality of their product was better than our mills. I collected the sample he once gave me and told our Quality Control Dep't head to give all the quality parameters of that yarn along with our mill yarn it was indeed better and I submitted it to the Executive Director. He looked at it and asked me if I can give that quality. I gave him another report which his father had seen and commented 'Good' in writing. This report had shown how I had improved the quality of yarn which was having more defects than the yarn that was manufactured before my joining this mill.

The quality control Officer was called in my absence and the Exe Director asked him what were the changes I had made after I joined the Mill. The QCO gave a 3-page report which he had made earlier. I knew he had asked the QCO and made a report that night and kept it with me, I had a copy made and given it to QCO to take the sample and test. I had told him how to process the samples and be had done it within 24 hrs. He had completed all the tests and gave me the report.

The next day ED came to the mills but did not call me, I was in the mill and did not go to my quarters till he left the mills. AS SAMPLE WAS WORKING AS PER FLO CHART I GAVE,  I WENT TO THE LAB GOT THE REPORT AND WENT TO MY QUARTERS IN THE MILL.

I left the mills next day by submiting my resignation and informing the MD of the mills that I wish to go home and will return after my son's wedding which may take with in 30 days.

No comments: