Monday, August 06, 2018

[ My Son a graduate in B.E ( E & C ) First Rank & Gold Medalist.]

While my daughter was completing her under graduation, My son had completed his Electronics Engineering from Mysore University in First Rank with A GOLD Medal and he was employed in a soft ware company in the city. Soon he was sent Paris to take up a project with a team. He was in Paris for a period one year and continued his work and I was in a reputed mill in Bangalore as a Project Manager.I than left the local mills and was working as a General Manager in one of the leading textile mills in Tamil Nadu and my wife and daughter visited me and were staying in Coimbatore which was my wife's first home away from her home after her marriage while she was here she visited with my daughter the mill that I was working for some time. She then told that she was diagnosed in her stomach as having a hernia which has to be operated. I just collapsed thinking in my mind as to why god is giving her this operation after uterus removal for her fragile body.

I came down to my home on a short holiday during which period my wife's hernia was operated and she recovered from the surgery quite fast. I went back for work but returned after few months feeling home sick. I enjoyed my freedom from work spending my hard earned money but soon I was sick jobless.

Few of my friends whom I knew were working in few mills whom I told that I needed a Job. They were in different states I had no choice as I stayed in a city where I had worked and left. Most of the mills I worked were on account of various reasons in those days, where changing a job in textile mills was a feather in the cap it was also for many reasons other than a feather in my cap. There was nothing that was perfect for me in my work as I always thought there was a better way else where in some ways than mine it was my first reason for my change, there was a better salary and designation which showed that I had gone up in my profession than others who studied with me, other major reason in few cases was my stubbornness and professional ethics which sometimes my superiors felt differently. When I asked my superior for a third time my junior be transferred as he did not follow my instructions he said it is something wrong with me.Some body else said why not transfer him. The textile industry of my time in 60's and up to 80 was run by good,bad and ugly mill-owners who all made profits.Only you need to say Yes Sir to keep your job but it was not my idea of keeping a job.

Soon a friend of mine told me to contact a person who was a Technical Director of a group of mills.When I went to meet him I saw a old forgotten friend sitting in the office of the Technical Director. He was very happy to see me. He knew that I was meeting his boss who was the Technical Director. He told me that he is in urgent need for a man like me to head a project that he had approved but could not find a right person. He told me to accept the job only as Managing Director of the project.

I was interviewed by the Technical Director and the Chairman of the Mill and got selected.

I came home told my wife that I had a Job as MD of a mill under construction. Soon I left home, my wife to take care of our daughter and son.I knew that my son and daughter would also take care of my wife.


No comments: