Monday, May 28, 2018

[ Back from Andhra to Karnataka. ]

[I was unemployed about a year and my daughter was about to complete her matriculation. She completed her metric and joined pre graduation in one of the best colleges in Bangalore at that time. I got a job in one of the reputed big textile group of mills BINNY's as Project Manager with a oral promise that I would have to manage the mill as MILL MANAGER. The mill had a master plan for turn around from profit to loss I completed the OPEN END spinning project and that completed my term in Binny's. The Resident Director who appointed me knew me well and told me to resign as he was told to do somethings by the stupid management which he did not tell me. I came to know later but that was untrue he was a honest man.]

I was down again but a merchant who came to know I was jobless contacted me and told me to meet a Mill MD of a reputed mill in Tamil Nadu at his Madras Office. I met him and he told me to join his mills as he said though I was 54 my technical knowledge was fine and so I went and joined his mill in Tamil Nadu. My Son had landed in Bangalore at my own home and my daughter had completed her pre graduation at BISHOP COTTON and was interested in studying in Poona in Deccan College for a graduate course in Archeology. My wife and myself went to Poona admitted in the college and girls hostel while my son joined a local Soft Ware Engineering Company.

All the tension and stress that my wife endured for several years resulted in her getting surgical hernia which was a surgical closer that she went while in my mills at west Karnataka that had opened up. I came to Bangalore and she came out of APPOLLO Mallays' hospital after another surgery procedure weak and anemic to keep the family fire burning. All expenses were paid by my mills as they liked my work. I returned to my mills at Tamil Nadu.

However, there was my problem with the Executive Director. I was reporting to the MD of the mills. The ED was son of MD who was a graduate in Textiles and he did not like my way of functioning and try to pull my ego several times. It did not work to my advantage as I resigned and even though I was not relived I left the mills after the date of my resignation expired telling that I am going to my home. I joined another mill and after taking charge of that small mill I noticed that MD's son was coming to mills and sitting in my office cum rest room. I got irritated and came back to my old mill but the mill had not appreciated my way of going and refused to accept me. I could not go to the small mill also. That was another DOWN in my professional career.

I was unemployed again.

No comments: