Monday, May 28, 2018

[ Kerala to Karnataka.]

Even to get a transfer Order after I was told that I am transferred at my Head Office where I was called to give the wrong information that there would be meeting. I was not given the Order and I came to know it is not finalised and I may be retained at a Desk in Head Office. My success was my enemy to all 15 General Managers of the Unit a Govt Of India Managed subsidiary with a Holding Company at Delhi. However, I managed to force the CMD to give me the order or tell me what I should do told him I would wait till 5:00 PM and go back to my Unit. However when I told a college of mine he went to CMD's PA's office and came back with my transfer order. I took the order thanked him and told my Director Technical that I would be joining the New assignment at the place and rushed to my mills in Kerala. There was a New man in my place already to my surprise but who cares. I returned to my state and went to my new place and took charge of this unit which was making a huge loss and no one wanted to buy the product that was made.

My job of cleaning the mess started and it took me to clear the mess nearly a year and the mill started selling all the production for the rates that similar mills were producing the same product. The took up polyester blended yarn, fancy polyester blended yarn, super fine cotton yarn, 100% acrylic yarn and Industrial yarns not produced by any of the mills in our group. This was noticed and Head Office at Delhi and I do not know what happened but it was over 9 years that I stayed in the mills and boosted my ego to every technical person who visited my mills. The feeling was that I had turned the mill to standards in all area of operation and things were going very smooth and I was relaxing. I was made to improve productivity with out any labor problem. I did that also. One of the biggest composite mills in Andhra was in a big mess. I was told to go and take over that mill. My son had 6 months to complete his graduation in computer engineering and he had to be put up in a room and I travelled to new place with my wife and daughter. My son was 20 years of age and my daughter was 12 years. The mill I took over was making heavy loss and besides labor there was huge technical mess in spinning, weaving, processing and printing dept was closed.

My bad luck started and I fell down heavily I was forced to resign as I had violated procedural protocol in ordering spares urgently required and this was taken by the CMD very seriously after I informed him that I ordered parts and got them and followed the procedure. This was not accepted so they forced me to resign and give health reasons for resigning or face action and suspension from service. Workers agitated and sat in my residence and told that they won't allow me to go. I convinced the workers and told them that I would be back but that I could not do.

No comments: