Tuesday, May 29, 2018

[ I got a Job through my friend.][ my Son gets engaged with his girl friend staying with us.]

My college mate was working in a large Mill and he was there for number of years as CEO of the mills. I got his phone number and told him my need for a job he asked me to meet a person whom I knew in Bombay (now it is called Mumbai) I met him and he appointed me as Managing Director of a New Spinning Mill in a remote village in Maharashtra. I joined that mill which was half built and the Chairman a stupid fellow gave me all the powers to start the mills as early as possible. It was a interesting job with out any interference from the stupid Chairman or Directors as they were monitoring my working daily. I was working in a remote village 6 KM to a Dhaba hotel from the site of the project so I used to get my horrible lunch of the village folk and I had no choice since going to a Dhaba was as good as going to my hotel and if I go it would take at least 60 minutes or more if I had to use my transport but most of the days the mill purchased Van would drop me and go to the Chairman's personal political or personal work. It would come in the evening sometimes or it would come after I return to my hotel by public transport a Old Bus and sometimes it would come early and I would miss it and walk 7 KM back to my Hotel.

I was 58 years old with diabetes and high blood pressure. Both were normal with my diet and drugs prescribed by my doctor. After coming to my hotel room I would talk to my wife who was managing the hose with my daughter in her final year graduation

My son was working with a software company and his girl friend who was staying with us was a house surgeon trainee doctor. They decided to get married. My mill was working now and I came to Bangalore attended his marriage and went back to my mills. My wife was managing the house well and I had no problem. My hotel Bill payment was not regularly paid by the mills so money at home was going on from my savings which was not much my earlier job was with out pension.I could not plan well for my retirement years but my asset would take care if there was a financial emergency and a financial need if it arises.( It did and I had to sell my house later after several years.)

My daughter completed her graduation in top grade with 1st class with a degree in Archaeology and she was working as a lecturer in the same college where she studied her Pre degree course and also was working as a part time guest scholar to teach archaeology in various schools under a scheme by a reputed news media.She was working very hard and soon she got a job in a .COM company and later in INFOSYS of Bangalore.She must have worked for just under 2 years and was deputed to work in Bank of America at Atlanta she completed her project and joined another Software company and did not return.

My work at that place was OK but I could not see how they would stay in market as they did not know how to keep accounts. I tried to help and translated all files from Marathi to English. The mill was running smooth and my work was to set standards for all work. Quality Assurance, processes controls,maintenance schedules,safety inspections in every machine, good lighting since it was a 24 hours working schedule, incentives to come for work to workmen.The Stupid Chairman who was a congress Neta had diverted mill funds to his own personal projects and it was getting very tight to pay salary to work man. When I had gone to Bangalore he did not pay workman for 4 months.He was a corrupt man I think.

One man running a 10,000 spindles unit manufacturing sewing threads a technical textile unit was a new thing there were several mills but they were all making ordinary yarn from cotton.This news went to another mill nearby and they called me to take charge as CEO of their mill. in a place where things were city like but not a city. The mill had 2 units and I was in charge of both the Mills. After telling the secretary and handing over both my Keys I lefy the place and Joined the next Mill.

No comments: