Sunday, September 02, 2018

[ My mother's pet dog 'Russia' signaled my presence.]

My mother's pet dog she had named as 'Russia' after seeing a circus by a Russian Circus troop as she loved those people who did the circus she had not seen. She came near the main door and looked at me for a moment and seeing me happy she said 'what happened'. I told her everything in one breath, she was not worried but I thought she was thinking some thing. She said go take bath, do puja and come for breakfast. When I came in my underwear's she said dress up and come. I put on my pant, shirt and wore socks and walked in to our dining room where she was sitting with Idli's, Sambar and chatni on the table which made my mouth water as she served the same in a plate and kept it near me sitting opposite to her. With out looking at her I started pouring Sambar on the Idli's and I started eating. After I had taken few spoons she said go to the Mills and inform your father what has happened. I said OK and finished my Idli's had Coffee and was off to my fathers mill which was few kilometers away from home. My father was a technical officer in the mills under the Spinning Master of the Mills. The Mill was managed by the owners of another Mill at Bombay.

I was not a stranger in the mills but I had to tell the security and the Time Keeper and if there was no body who had come to inspect the mill from Bombay I would be allowed to go to the place where my father would be present. On my way sometimes I would meet the Spinning Master but he would just glance at me and show his hand to where my father was. He knew that I was a trainee in a mill but he was not prepared to take me as a trainee under him as my father was working under him. I met my father who was standing near a machine which I saw was a routine overhauling and told him what had happened to me at my mills. He asked few questions and went in the direction where I had seen the Spinning Master and I knew he will inform him so I followed him and stood close to the place where he could see me and started to observe a running machine.

All the workers knew me so the worker who was walking by saw me and started talking to me. After some time my father came to me and told me to go and meet the 'Spinning Master'. I had to do what ever he say's, that's how we his children grew up. I went towards the place where the 'Spinning Master' was and he looked at me and smiled and said your father has told me your progress so which mill they have posted you, who posted you, what is the name of that mill and who is the manager of that Mills he asked. I answered all his questions, he said both the persons who transferred me and the person who is in charge of the mills were his class mates. I stood still not knowing what to answer. He said he will give a letter to the Mill Manager where I am posted as also write a letter to the Spinning Superintendent of the Mills who transferred me. I was just looking at a small pocket calculator he was holding. He knew that I wanted it so he said you can go now. I will send the letter through your father which you can give it to your Mill Manager where yo are going and will post the letter to my friend from where you came, both of them will take care of you and you must work hard he said, I just gave him a smile. He then gave the calculator to me and said use it. I went back to my father told him everything showed the calculator, he smiled ( I don't know when he had given me that most beautiful smile ) and said now go home and get ready to go to Coimbatore.

No comments: