Tuesday, September 04, 2018

[ My first day on my 1st Job.]

The Spinning Master was walking slightly in front of me and we did not say anything till we reached his room. Once inside his room he told me to sit. He asked several questions personal and technical and finally told me he was also a student of our college. There was some doubt I had, that he may be by his talk but he pulled out a book and was seeing it when another person walked in. He looked like a technical person immediately he got up and told me let's go to the department. I also got up and followed him. We simply walked in the department till we reached the yarn packing department. He stood near the weighing machine and a worker brought a bundle of yarn and put it on the weighing pan of a weighing machine, the spinning master noted the weight of the loose bundle of yarn and another bundle was weighed and like that 10 bundles were weighed. He gave the list of bundle weights and told me that everyday when I came to the Mills the first thing that I should do was to do this exercise and give the list to him when he comes to the mill. We then went from Dept to Dept where I was told what I had to see and report in a note book which he would see daily. I listened with out any question because I had no question to ask him. He said that I can spend my time as I thought and report to him at 3:00 PM and said that if any one asked any question to reply in local language that you are a new supervisor watching all the Dept's and left me standing in the spinning department.

I walked slowly till the end of the spinning department and saw a fat man wearing a khaki half pant and white half shirt looking at me he asked are new supervisor. I said yes. Few more questions and after my answers he said that if I need any help I can meet him. I thanked him and entered the next department, there also I saw another man and before he could open his mouth I asked him who was he and looked at the spot where I was standing earlier which was in view of my present place where I was. He said he is Head Jobber and made his face big which I understood. He said he is shift Jobber. I went to all the departments and took few more Q's & A's when I saw a person carrying on his arms yarn bobbins coming towards me as he saw me he smiled and I also smiled. He walked on I knew why he was carrying those bobbins and stood watching. Another person came and he was giving every worker a card. I knew what was that Card. I followed him to a office where another person was sitting with more cards and a big book. I knew that also. They asked me if I was the New supervisor I said Yes. I asked some information and they told me. Now a loud shrill whistle blowed which was that it was 3:00PM and workers were coming out and those who had to go in had gone. I sat on a stool near the table and wrote my report. I came where the Spinning Master was standing with few workers, he saw me and told me that my duty was over and had to come next day at 7:00 AM and take charge of the shift. I gave the report he saw it and told me to go and that he will meet me next day.

I came near the cycle stand holding my bicycle I walked out of the mill Gate.  My 1st Day officially as a Spinning Supervisor had began.


No comments: